Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

When I try to print it indicates "operator error" cancel pr

Customer Question

when I try to print it indicates "operator error" cancel printing and hit 'resume button' which I did, it also said to cancel printing and turn off printer that start over. this doesn't work
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. What is the exact and entire error including any numbers?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
..
..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
printer error and won't do any printing
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I need the exact and entire error including any numbers and as I mentioned this may be caused by a failing part.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
USB001
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I need the exact and entire error like I mentioned and not just the number.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
this is what it said operator error no numbers other that usb001
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Please try to print something right now, give me the whole error exactly as you see it.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i can't print any thing what comes up is operator error cancel printing
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I said to try and print something so it would come up, as you need to give me the exact and entire error the way you see it on the screen. I am going to opt out and open this to all experts as you still haven't given me the full error.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
that's what i did exactly the way I see it on the screen
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 2 years ago.
With the top cover open, push something around a sheet of 120 micron thickness A4 clear plastic binding cover through the exit tray as far as it would go to rest against the bottom row of rollers. Switch the printer off then back on again and as the rollers lift momentarily, then push the sheet of plastic as far up through the machine as you can before the rollers went down again - it will eject the sheet. Then turn off and on and try printing again.