John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Canon Pixma Pro 9500 that's been working fine. Now

Customer Question

I have a Canon Pixma Pro 9500 that's been working fine. Now it will not power on. I've checked all the obvious things like power cord, etc. Any ideas?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. How did you check the power cord? Is it showing any sign of power at all?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I unplugged the power cord from the power source and moved it to another plug that I know has power
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Ok that means you checked the outlet then not the power cable. In order to test the power cable you need to use a multimeter, try a different power cable on this machine, or try your power cable on another device. Most printers use the same type and some DVD players you the same kind as well.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, I'll check that. It will take me awhile to check
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Take all the time you need. Push down hard on the power button when you do as well. Sometimes the button can come loose from the board if it did pushing down hard will get it to turn on.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a cord from anything else that will fit. I guess I'll have to go buy one and try that.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
You can do that or use a multimeter, the voltage should be listed on the machine itself near the port you plug the cord into.
.