Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

Model s415 my screen reads reinsert each of the cartridges

Customer Question

model s415 my screen reads reinsert each of the cartridges which I did several times and it still reads re insert cartridges
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today. Please try the following and let me know the response. Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there. If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT smiley face and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!Thank you!S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No luck
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no luck
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, The issue might be with the printhead of the printer. Howe old the pri9nter is? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the cartridges are new
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
one to two years and used very very infrequently 2 to 3 times monthly
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Even if the cartrdiges are new, the printhead does not recognize it. The issue might be with the printhead and not the cartridge. printhead is the device where the cartridge seats. COuld you please try cleaning the printhead thoroughly using isopropyl? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok done noo change
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
where are u I am waiting
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
still waiting any more ideas ????
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I apologize for the delay in my response. If the issue still persists, you have to change the printhead of your printer in order to get the issue resolved. However, try the following. 1. Please make sure the printhead is properly seated, If no, remove the printhead, clean it thoroughly and then try installing the cartridges again.2. Load plain, unmarked paper.3. From the printer control panel, navigate to:Setup > OK > Maintenance > OK4. Press the up or down arrow button to scroll to Deep Clean Printhead, and then press OK. A cleaning page prints.5. Load plain, unmarked paper.6. From the Maintenance menu screen, press the up or down arrow button to scroll to Align Printer, and then press OK. An alignment page prints.Note: Do not remove the alignment page until printing is finished. Check if the issue persists. Thank you.S H E F I N