Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My printer is an XP-310When trying to replace a cartridge

Customer Question

My printer is an XP-310
When trying to replace a cartridge in the Printer and I open the top and press okay as per the instructions, the cartridge case will not move across so I can access the cartridge.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Turn Off the printer, with the top cover open.
If the carriage doesn't move, then with the printer Off, try to move the carriage into view by hand, gently.
If it will not move, don't force it to.
And if it will not move, the next question would be, Is your printer still within warranty? most likely it is, if the printer is still less than a year old. In that case, Epson will fix it under warranty terms, for free.
If not, you have a choice between having the printer repaired, and having it replaced.
- Unless, of course, there is an error indication on the printer, that might perhaps suggest something more you can do for the printer. Or, perhaps, if it is dirty inside and needs cleaning? I doubt that would help, but examine and see if it is.