Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

Had a paper jam, removed paper from back Read more: http://www.justan

Customer Question

Had a paper jam, removed paper from back of printer, now I have a message that says "unable to print error 5A" What can I do to fix this problem?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Is it the same number every time?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, same number every time.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Open the machine, which side is the print head on? In this picture the hand is grabbing it on the left.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is on the far right hand side.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Can you see it or is it stuck underneath?
How old is the machine?
If over a year old did you happen to get an extended warranty?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am very dissatisfied with your service. You advertise 24 hour service yet I have been trying to get a final answer since super early this morning. I tried to contact you by phone and no answer. Do not bill me monthly. Also, I am requesting a full refund. Please advise.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question.

can you get the cartridges out and put them back in again ?

something is blocking the print head from moving. check for anything that might be jammed in it or see if you can move it a little bit on the carriage without forcing it.