John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I am receiving an Error 58.04 when a laserjet p4515 boots

Customer Question

Hello I am receiving an Error 58.04 when a laserjet p4515 boots up. I have already had the temp sensor replaced.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
That error appears to point to what the thermistor is returning as a value.
Is the fuser heating up? you should be able to tell, without touching it (and thus burning your hand, perhaps, if it is hot!) by having the printer turned On, for about 10 minutes (with or without error code displaying on it) then turning it Off, waiting about 1/2 minute and opening it to the fuser area and feeling whether hot air is coming off the fuser or its environment is hot.
Let me know what you find out that way. (Proceed carefully, to avoid burning yourself by touching a hot fuser!) Thanks.