Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

Epson wf3640, error code Ox9D how do solve it

Customer Question

Epson wf3640, error code Ox9D
how do solve it
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Where is the error showing? Are you using genuine Epson ink?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Error shows on the screen.
it's genuine epson ink.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.
Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
There is an area on the cartridge that when pushed ink will come out that is normal, just get any dried ink off that area.
Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.
If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
cartridge is brand new.
I had shut it off and on 3 times before. Still same.
did you hear of the error code that I had said that the screen displays
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Yes I have, and the steps I gave you are a lot more than just turning it on and off. Did you do all of it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok next look behind the carriage you should see a plastic strip that will either be white or clear. Some machines have 2 strips. Clean that as best you can and then test the machine again. If the same thing happens, I need to know how old the machine is and if you got an extended warranty or not.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had to run out, I'll do the cleaning tomorrow and let you know. I'll check the warranty also
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it's working. I didn't do any cleaning either.
I don't get it, but it works. I hope it doesn't go down again
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
If it does repeat the same steps it sounds like the first cleaning worked but took a while to reset. Normally just unplugging it like I mentioned is enough for that part of it. If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.