Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I am getting error message 0xc05d22181 on photosmart porinter

Customer Question

I am getting error message 0xc05d22181 on photosmart porinter 3310. How can I fix it?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you
please let me know that if you get any error message like ink system failure mentioned along with the error code
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes i mentioned above that i get the following " ink system failure unable to print or copy "
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
ink system failure message indicates a printhead fault which requires the printhead to be replaced
however we can try few steps first
Press and hold the '*' key on the key pad, then press the '#' key and release them both.
Then enter '123' to enter maintenance mode.
press the right arrow to navigate to System Config. menu .
Then press OK two times to clear the error .... then cancel two or three times to return to the top menu. Then power off the unit and back on
let me know if error repeats or goes off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do not get system config menu
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i get information menu fax diag menu print test menu model number
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Turn off the unit...unplug the power cord...now take out the print cartridges....clean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the carriage assembly\ printhead with a cotton swab dipped in little alcohol
wait for 2-3 minutes.....
now reinsert the cartridges and turn unit back on and check if you still get the same error or not
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done all that before i contacted you folks. Twice
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
do you see a red eye removal button on the printer panel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
please remove the cartridges and check if the printhead has a latch to remove it or it cannot be removed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Removing each cartridge does not expose the print head. Michelle no reflection on you but this does not seem to solving my problem. i would like to end our conversation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for attempting to solve my problem. i look forward to using this service in the nurture.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
in case the printhead does not have a latch , the printhead cannot be reseated .
in such a case the printhead would need to be replaced
since the head cannot be removed, replacing the same would require the unit to be serviced
if unit is within warranty cover you may contact Hp to get the same done else through any local printer repair store
i hope you understand that in case of hardware faults i can suggest cleaning and reset steps but cannot make a bad part work again