Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have tried all your suggestions and cant get canon mp620

Customer Question

i have tried all your suggestions and cant get canon mp620 to work get 6c10 error
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pushed the resume and power together. now it says "service mode" idle. do you know what is my next step?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you
the error code 6C10 is a service error indicating an internal fault which requires the unit to be serviced
however you may try the below first
remove the cartridge.turn off unit and unplug power cord..manually slide the carriage assembly\ printhead back and forth
also clean the rail against which the assembly slides with a tissue ensuring that there is no ink residue on it
clean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the printhead with a cotton swab dipped in little alcohol
Now check the paper feed tray, roller assembly area and the area where the carriage moved for any stuck obstruction like paper, paper clips, pins etc and if found remove it.
once done turn the unit back on and check
let me know the status and i will suggest further accordingly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i fixed my computer. thank you but I would like to cancel this service at this time.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
is the issue with your printer fixed? if yes, please complete the rating for my service by clicking on a smiley face below or stars above
if however your issue is not resolved, let me know if you would like me to assist you further on fixing the printer problem