John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My canon MG5300 is printing but so light we cannot read it.

Customer Question

My canon MG5300 is printing but so light we cannot read it. I have cleaned the heads; the ink cartridges are full except the magenta; and I am using the paper we have always used. I have unplugged it to reset and it copied the first document ok and then went to the "ghost printing" again. I unplugged it a second time and I couldn't even read the first copy. It is the same with black only and color printing.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Are you using genuine canon cartridges, or are they generic/refilled ones?Does this happen with photocopies, as well as prints from the computer?