Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

My new Xp-820 won't print the attachment to emails using the

Customer Question

my new Xp-820 won't print the attachment to emails using the Epson Connect. It prints the email but ignores the attachment, no matter what size.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question.
Email programs generally don't print the attachment
Save or open the attachment and then print it separately from the program it opens with
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is BS, this is a rip off. It specifically does as does HP. I am going to report this website for fraud.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
I think you are very confused
The printer has no problem printing an attachment.
Open the attachment then hit print
I have no idea how you are trying to print it but if you just pull up the email and hit print it will print the body of the email. NOT the attachment
I have been in this business 30 years and I have never seen an email program that prints the attachment. They could be 1000 pages long or a video movie. How would you expect it to print that?
If you want to accept my offer I can log in to your computer remotely and show you exactly how to print an attachment. The way you are trying will not work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Read the original question...you obviously don't know what Epson Connect is, don't insult me. I am sending an email to my printer email account it prints the email but not the attachment. Which was exactly my question. It supposed to do so, but it is not.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
You are right I am sorry.
what type of attachments are you sending ?
it handles only a few specific types
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, JPG, TIF and PNG
you might try the remote print solution which does the same type of thing but doesn't have those limits.
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?UseCookie=yes&infoType=FAQ&oid=193183&prodoid=63098449&foid=225744&cat=37741&subcat=218783
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
These are exactly the attachments I tried to print, followed directions to a T.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
where is the printer located
do you have access to it ?
what is your reason for using the print via email ?