WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician
Experience:  Over 5 years as a computer and printer repair technician
21171802

We have two printers - Ecosys FS4000DNWe are a small seniors

Customer Question

We have two printers - Ecosys FS4000DN
We are a small seniors publication in Trail, B.C. We are unable to get a repair/service rep and we also would like a copy of information, etc. as we did not receive any written material with the printers.
At the present time, the printers are leaving black streaks through the copies and one the machines is jamming.
Any information is welcome
Category: Printers
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I’m Wes. I’ll be glad to help with the issue and answer any questions.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.
The streaks are most likely from the drum unit or imaging unit. If it has been a while since you replaced those, I would suggest replacing them.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.
Sometimes the rollers become dirty and cause the paper to slip. This can cause the paper not to pick up or even cause a paper jam because the sensors do not see the paper pass in a certain amount of time.To fix the problem, use a damp paper towel with water or Windex and clean the rollers. Start where the paper touches the printer and look for white, gray, and black rollers. Use your fingers to move the rollers as much as you can to clean them. Open the printer and clean the other rollers you can find as well.Open each cover front, top, and back of the printer and look for pieces of paper in the rollers. Move the rollers with your fingers to clean and move any loose paper out as well.