Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Good morning,My normally GREAT MFC-J470DW suddenly displays

Customer Question

Hi, good morning,
My normally GREAT MFC-J470DW suddenly displays "no Paper Fed", but I had just looked before turning the printer on, that there was enough paper.
But now the traydoor doesn't slide out at all and I don't want to do anything wwith force.
Any remedy
Thanks
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How are you doing, Freddy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Freddy and rest of experts. My printer is working again. What I did: I turned the power off and looked at the machine from all sides, and THEN I gently rocked the paper tray back and forth and in doing so I saw a bunch of paper that was kind of crumbled underneath, which I then removed. Then the tray opened again, I checked the paper and turned the power back on. So now everyfthing is working agin. It must have been a "Mercury Retrograde Symptom".
Do I get my $5 back or was that a good faith deposit. I don't mind giving that to you. Somehow, knowing "someone may help" made me less nervous. Thank you Guys!
Nisha
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.Your answer makes sense to me. The paper fed into a jamming/jammed position under the tray, rather than into the printer, so the printer did not sense the paper feeding into the printer properly, and stopped.If this repeats itself, I suggest that you may have to insert not more than 25 sheets of paper into the tray at a time, and also make sure that the tray is properly and fully inserted into the printer again, in its right place and position.After which, if it still recurs, your printer may need repair (after examining your paper tray, to see if any bits of it are broken, and making one last effort to put paper into it strictly according to instructions in your printer's manual, etc.) As for your query about a refund: I have no power, as a JustAnswer.com Expert, over refunds, billing, payments, etc. I have to refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com:http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us- They ought to take care of your inquiry with reasonable promptness, considering that it is a Saturday afternoon on this side of the world. Thank you for bringing your question to us here at JustAnswer.com.