Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have an Epson WP-4530 and a google chromebook. Last week

Customer Question

I have an Epson WP-4530 and a google chromebook. Last week it started doing funky things like printing wavy/multiple lines every 3" down the page and printing only page 1 of a document saying the page size is wrong. I suspect I need to update the driver but am not chromebook savvy enough to figure out how to find the new driver. All I find on the Epson website are drivers for Windows, Mac, and Linux. What do you suggest?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.Drivers may not be installed directly onto your Chromebook. I suspect that you have, in your Chromebook's configuration, a wrong printer selected as your current printer-to-be-printed-to. You need to check in your Chromebook's settings, and see whether an Epson printer type compatible with your WorkForce Pro WP-4530, is selected as your printer. This YouTube video may be helpful with regard to getting your printer working: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_aFz2k1x5Q Note that the setup if for a networked printer, but uses Google Cloud printing setup methods. A local, directly connected, printer won't work on a Chromebook, pretty much. (Also, if all else fails: try a reset of your printer. Turn it Off by pulling the power cord sharply and suddenly. Then leave it that way for 2+ hours or overnight. Then plug it in again, and see if it prints better.)