John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Canon Pixma MP800 printer. A few days ago it would

Customer Question

I have a Canon Pixma MP800 printer. A few days ago it would not print, but copied as usual. I assumed it was a problem with the USB port and/or computer, but now the screen on the printer says the wrong printhead is installed and to get the correct one. I did put in a non-Canon black ink cartridge a few weeks ago but everything seemed fine and it does copy. Can you diagnose from this info?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. So right now the printer is copying fine with the printer's glass, but it is not printing right?
Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?
When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,