John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an epson rx580 and I have the message "service required.

Customer Question

I have an epson rx580 and I have the message "service required. contact epson. turn off printer." I've downloaded the ssc utility program and tried to reset the counter but still have the problem.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. What happened when you tried to reset did it go through on the computer properly?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure if it went thru on the computer properly. I followed the instructions. I'd do it again but the icon is missing.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Ok what exactly did you do on the computer? What instructions are you referring to?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The Ink Store site gave instructions for resetting the counter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't want a monthly subscription so I'm going to cancel this chat for help. Please do not put thru the Paypal charge.

Thank you for your time.