Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

Epson TX800FW flashing screen with ink pad error, cannot communicate

Customer Question

Epson TX800FW flashing screen with ink pad error, cannot communicate with printer
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
What is the exact and entire error including any numbers?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Error
The printer's ink pads are at the end of their service life.
Please contact Epson Support.(Flashing)
(Printer connected via USB. Computer recognizes but cannot communicate with printer)
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
It most likely is communicating it is not going to do anything with this error though. You are going to need a reset utility in order to reset this error which you can get here:
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/InkPadsForm.jsp
Scroll down to the bottom and put a check in the acknowledge box.
Then fill out the form Epson will email you the utility that will work for your model.
I unfortunately do not have one for your model to send you.
When you get it you use it the same way described on this page:
http://inkjetprinterhelp.us/epsonSSC.html
You can try that utility but it most likely will not detect your model properly.
If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know.
If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Epson.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Neither does http://www.epson.com cgi-bin/S
My model is not mentioned in their drop down list
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
The same form needs to be used, there should be an other option.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try to send using only my serial number and no model number.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Ok.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Refuses to accept without correct model number (Not listed) & USA or Canadian State.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
I apologize but I am going to opt out and open this to all experts. Maybe one of them has the utility for your model and can send it.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** use my networked TX710W in the interim.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question.
Try this one
http://www.page-net.com/frame/pages/sscserve%20info.htm
it may be the same one but it is supposed to find all the printers connected to your computer to select from
I think your problem may be that the printer is too new for most of these programs and the programs too american to deal with an australian model. On the other hand the programming shouldnt be much different between models for this particular thing and if you can get one to work even with the wrong model number it should do the trick.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Robert, downloaded and installed that program again. Ran it and selected nearest printer (TX800FW not in list).
Tried 'Clear counter overflow', nothing appeared to happen, tried soft reset.
Error! 'Printer off, or some other problem'.
Printer connected via USB, Wifi disabled.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
Try this one and use the artison 800 which is the american name for your modelmodel
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Storesupport/InkPadsForm.jsp
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well done Robert, I now have a utility that appears to work and a key to activate it.
Unfortunately my computer fails to recognize my printer with the flashing display.
(Connected via USB & turned on)
Error: 'There is no printer detected'
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
Well halfway there.
Try unplugging the printer from the wall and the computer while its still turned on
Wait half an hour and plug it into the wall again. That might reset it
Then delete the printer from the computer devices and printers folder
Then plug it into the computer using a different USB port if possible.
Hopefully it will pick it up and reinstall itself. Otherwise use the install disk or download an install program from epson
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
News not good Robert, tried all of the above as you wrote it then in various other combinations, nothing worked.
Error: "There is no printer detected."
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
Let's try on the printer end. Is there any way to clear the error through the menu.
Does it say hit ok or something like that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The complete touch screen is unresponsive, including trying to press multiple buttons, pressing and holding etc.The only button that has any effect is the on / off button which does exactly that.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.
I think I am going to give up. It seems like the printer is either faulty or they changed things so you have to bring it for repair. You might try calling Epson.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Robert, thank you for all your help. I'm a 65 yo and my computer learnimg curve just went exponential.