John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a canon MG8120 and it all of a sudden while just sitting

Customer Question

I have a canon MG8120 and it all of a sudden while just sitting idly (not being used) is emitting a set of three peeps (for a lack of another word) at periodic intervals. This has been going on all day. I have checked it out and do not see any messages. Do you have any idea of what the printer is trying to tell me?????!!!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Thank You!! for posting your Question.My name is ***** ***** today I will assist you to solve or identify your problem.
Can you still print from it ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, I can't print on it at this time as the laptop the is programmed (??? not the right word) to be accepted by the printer is not here now. The person who has the laptop is out of town but will be back this evening.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
Don't worry this as this is an all in one device, please follow the steps from the link below to make some copies and let me know, if you are able to do so or not ?
http://kbsupport.cusa.canon.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1011&PARTITION_ID=1&secureFlag=false&TIMEZONE_OFFSET=&CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=34938
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I was able to make copies, which appear to be excellent copies. I followed the procedure/steps as described in the link.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.
The printer is still beeping ?