WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician
Experience:  Over 5 years as a computer and printer repair technician
21171802

Bob, I have a Canon i860 that is getting a 1403 error code.

Customer Question

Hi Bob, I have a Canon i860 that is getting a 1403 error code. I have reseated the print head but noticed a lot of ink in the right hand side of the print tray. I have tried to clean it and noticed a couple small pieces came off, almost like film strips. Any solution to save my old printer?
Category: Printers
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I can help with the issue and answer your questions.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.
Error 1403 can sometimes be fixed by re-seating the print head. Since you have done that already and there are still problems. The best way to fix this issue is to get a new print head and replace the old one. The current print head is defective and will need to be replaced. All the ink you see is a very bad clog / dry ink inside the print head area. You can order a new print head from Canon parts directly.Canon Printer Parts