Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I received a message a while ago that the drums on HL-3070CW

Customer Question

I received a message a while ago that the drums on HL-3070CW would require replacement soon. I bought the drums, but have not had the reminder since. I notice that the red print is not as good as it should be, even though the toner is not ready to be replaced. Should I just go ahead and replace the drums please?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
the print quality depends on the Drum unit and the toner cartridge however if you have not getting replace drum unit then i would suggest you to remove the drum unit check for any wear & tear and replace it if necessary or else put the drum unit back and check for any error if you get the replace drum error then you replace it with the new one or else it should work fine.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
remove the toner cartrdiges and give it a shake few times and then install it back.Print and let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I removed the toner cartridge and gave a shake a few times and installed back. The red print was still only very feint. I decided to replace all the drums because I had bought them when I first got the message "Drum ends soon". This has not made any difference to the printing. The black print is still OK, but has not made any difference to the red print.

Do you think the magenta toner could be faulty?

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
please let me know the operating system installed on the computer that's connected to the printer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
there are few settings that we need to check on the printer software
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The operating system is Windows 7.

I have changed the Magenta toner cartridge, even though it was not showing that it was empty and the print is a bit better, but not 100%

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
print few pages may be around 5 pages the quality should improve.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Open Printing Preferences. (Click here to see how to open Printing Preferences.) Open the Basic tab and click Settings. Check off the Improve Gray Color checkbox. Click OK. Click OK.The setting has been changed. Try to print again. Open Printing Preferences. (Click here to see how to open Printing Preferences.) Open the Layout tab and click the Advanced. Choose Off in the Improve Gray Color of the Printer Feature. Click OK.The setting has been changed. Try to print again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK Michelle thank you. I now know how to adjust Printing Preferences and I will try a few options until I get the right setting.

Thank you for your help.\

Jan

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley below or you might get starts to rate and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further