John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My printer is not printing. i have installed new ink cartridges

Customer Question

my printer is not printing. i have installed new ink cartridges but no printing?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.Is it sending out blank sheets? Are they genuine Epson cartridges? Have you tried cleaning it yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
I asked you 3 questions what are you saying yes to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all 3
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you for clarifying that, how did you clean it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i used the maintenance info
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i used the maintenance section
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all. If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you. Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine. Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab. There is an area on the cartridge that when pushed ink will come out that is normal, just get any dried ink off that area. Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there. If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am a woman of 87yrs of age and it will probably take me all day to do this
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
You can take all the time you need this question does not expire or anything like that. You can get back to me any time by going to justanswer.com and clicking on my questions at the top.