Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have an MFP 1125 with a fuser jam. In pulling out the paper,

Customer Question

I have an MFP 1125 with a fuser jam. In pulling out the paper, it tore and some remains inside and not reachable from the interior or the exterior. Can I dismantle the unit to clear the path?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.I think that, if you had a 'fuser jam' i.e. paper jammed in the fuser and/or exit area of the paper path... then you most probably just need to take out the fuser unit.Usually a fuser unit is retained or held down by two to four large screws, which hold it onto the rest of the (chassis of the) printer. Also it needs to be unplugged from its electrical connections - usually one robust one for the heating lamp inside the main fuser roller, the other a more delicate connection for the thermal sensor/fuse, or thermostat.Then you could disassemble the fuser unit, separated from the rest of the printer, with relative ease.