Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

What does it mean when Lexmark X4530 says "flash failed, Paper

Customer Question

What does it mean when Lexmark X4530 says "flash failed, Paper Size: Letter, P . . . . . .
Also, it will not turn off when I press and hold the power button.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. The error message youre getting is a bit misleading, when it mentions paper size, it throws you off. What the error actually is, is a firmware error. ( internal software that runs the lexmark ) Since you cant turn the printer off or on.. We may not be able to repair it. What you can try ( and what should normally fix this issue ) is a firmware update. First, unplug the machine from power. Leave it unplugged. Then download this file http://support.lexmark.com:80/lexmark/index?page=content&locale=EN&docLocale=en_US&segType=firmwareSegmentOS&userlocale=EN&id=DR21174 Thats the lexmark firmware updater for your series / model of printer. Once downloaded. Connect the lexmark to your computer by a USB cord. Then, plug the printer back in, and turn it on. Then, open and run the firmware update that you previously downloaded. Attempt to install it. if it will install and is able to update the printer. That should clear the error. If you run into any issues downloading or running the firmware update please send a reply so we can continue this conversation. Dustin S.