Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

How do print with my printer in the power save mode? HP Office

Customer Question

how do print with my printer in the power save mode? HP Office Jet 4500!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. The power save mode " bug" has plagued the specific model of printer you have. To "fix" it, we need to make a change to the internal settings of the printer. The below steps should resolve the issue. Unplug printer. Hold down the # ***** 6 key while plugging printer back in. Continue to hold keys down until printer says SEMI NVM RESET. The printer will want you to set language, but don't do it yet.Press the * and # ***** at same time. ********######## ***** appear.Press 124. UNDERWARE: and a series of letters and numbers will appear.Press the right arrow 6 times until you see SYSTEM MENU, press OK.Press the left arrow key once and you will see SYSTEM MODE TIMEOUT. Press OK.The timeout will show in seconds. Press 60 to change it to 60 seconds. Press OK.Press the red X key twice to get back to where it wants you to set the language. Go ahead and set the language and location.Now it sees that there are used ink cartridges installed and it wants to run an alignment. Press OK once.It asks you to put in a sheet of paper. Put in paper and press OK. An alignment sheet prints.It now asks you to put the alignment sheet on the scanner. DO NOT DO THIS! It won't recognise the alignment sheet. Instead, press the red X. It will cancel the alignment and go back to the date and time.After 60 seconds, the printer will go into the POWER SAVE mode. Press any key on the printer OR send a print job to the printer, The printer will wake up again for 60 seconds. If you are in the middle of a fax, scan or print job that takes longer than 60 seconds, the printer may go back into Power Save mode but it should finish the job anyway. If you get stuck or run into further issues, please let me know.