John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a design jet 130r. It has in the last few days

Customer Question

Hi. I have a design jet 130r. It has in the last few days stopped accepting paper from the roll. The paper feeds into the printer and is then rejected. We have had this problem before when the paper edge is not square however the paper is now square but it is still rejected. I think it may be something to do with the sensor on the head that reads the paper edge. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this please?
Thanks,
Jan
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
The print head does not have a sensor that would do this.
Does it do this even if you test with a different roll?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Freddy, thanks for getting back to us. Yes - it rejects the paper even if we change the roll.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Have you tried cleaning it yet by any chance?
.