Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Same situation as last person had problem with ScanSnap S1300i-

Customer Question

Same situation as last person had problem with ScanSnap S1300i- blue light just blinks and does not scan. What do I do next ?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That is, I think, a communication error, that the blue light indicates.

So, you have a list of things that might be causing it:

1. a 'glitch' in scanner or computer('s USB ports.) Remedy: restart both, after leaving both Off for 10+ minutes without power.

2. a defective USB cable. (This might include being too long. 6 feet or less is ideal.) Remedy: swab USB cable for another, see if that helps.

3. a need to do an uninstall, restart, and reinstall, of the drivers for the scanner, on your computer. (I am presuming that you have install media for the ScanSnap, in the form of a CD or DVD disc with the software on it.)

Remedy:
A. uninstall the scanner from the computer. This means unplugging it from the computer, then going to
Start - Control Panel - Programs and Features
and selecting, then Uninstall-ing, each program for the ScanSnap that is there.
B. go to
Start - Control Panel - Devices and Printers
and select and Delete any instance of the scanner there, or icon for it there.
C. restart your computer. When it is restarted, and logged back in:
D. use the CD/DVD disc to reinstall your scanner from scratch.

...4. of course, you might simply have a defective scanner! that would be unfortunate, but the above may help to make quite sure that nothing else is wrong. (If it comes to this, how old is the scanner? if under a certain amount of time from when it was purchased - usually a year - it will still be covered by warranty and may be repaired by Toshiba under warranty terms. Let me know if that is the case, and I will advise you further.)