WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician
Experience:  Over 5 years as a computer and printer repair technician
21171802

We have a PIXMA M2520 printer that is displaying a "ink

Customer Question

We have a PIXMA M2520 printer that is displaying a "ink adsorber full" message on the computer. Is this something that can be cleaned or replaced? We have made thousands of copies with this printer, and it has performed wonderfully. I would like to fix this and continue to use it. Please advise what to do.
Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.
Jim xxxx *****@******.***
xxx
xxx
Category: Printers
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I’m Wes. I’ll be glad to help with the issue and answer any questions.
The ink absorber is where the wasted ink goes after printing. It's like a sponge with the exception that it does need to be replaced. You can order a replacement ink absorber from Canon parts by going to the following website:
http://goo.gl/whnFw7
The telephone number is ***** on that website. Call the parts center and tell them your Printer model and that you need a replacement ink absorber. The instructions to replace it will come in the box.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where is the ink adsorber and where is it located?
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.
For your printer model, it's located where the print head parks after printing. The ink cartridges sit on top of the print head and it parks when not in use either on the right or left side and sits on a sponge like container.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wes, I'm ordering a new ink adsorber kit ($18) from Canon for the printer. Nothing else wrong with it. When the new one we bought, ($38) conks out, we'll have a replacement ready to go. My wife has an internet business that requires about 100 copies/day,
so we have to have a backup unit,and this model Canon printer has worked for what we need incredably well. Thanks for your assistance. When I figured out how to take the top off of the printer, (2 screws), I found the ink adsorber loaded with ink. We had been
using this printer for about 12 months, and we got a display on the computer that the adsorber needed to be changed. The ink mess in the area where the adsorber is located was cleaned up with damp paper towels and Q Tips. (Ink is water soluable) I guess most
people just throw away these low end printers when they have problems, because new replacement printers are fairly cheap. Seems like a waste of well built equipment to me. Jim
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.
They can be quite messy. Sometimes the repair costs are about the same as a new printer and more cost effective to get a new printer.