Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My Brother Printer is not working. THe toner light goes on.

Customer Question

My Brother Printer is not working. THe toner light goes on. I just recently put in a new toner so I don't understand why it's not printing. Can you help? Thanks, ***** *****

Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Please give me what every light on the machine is doing including the power etc.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a light for ready, error, drum and toner When I want to print I press the print button and only the toner lights up.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Look at those lights without pressing print, what are each of them doing?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't know what each of them are doing. Can you please call me. My phone number is ***-***-****
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I can not call you. I meant look at them and tell me if each of those 4 lights is on, off, or blinking.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The only light that goes on is the toner light. The other lights do not go on when I press print.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
As I said do not press print, look at them without doing that.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't understand what you want me to do. It says on the computer that your current Expert can offer you a phone call. Why can't you call me? It would be more helpful than doing this.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
No it would not or I would have offered it already and I never asked you to do anything. I asked you to tell me what the lights are doing when you do nothing. If you want a phone call it will cost extra and I will not be the one to do it as over the phone this would take longer and I would not be able to send you images like this one of the reasdy light blinking:
http://support.brother.com/g/b/img/faqend/faq00000170_020/us/en/24692/LED_093.gif
Since you still have not answered whether the lights are on, off, or blinking when you do nothing at all I will be opting out. If someone else wants to continue with you they will reply the way I did. They may offer a phone call but please note it will cost extra and will take longer since they may need to show you images of things to be checked.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I turned my printer on and all the lights go on. Then they all go off with only the toner light on. The lights are not blinking when I do nothing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you tell me where I can go to get my machine serviced? I live in Manhattan.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Your printer is a Brother printer. It may be sent for servicing, if you so choose, at any one of these locations - but call first, of course, before going, to make sure they do service your model, and to ascertain pricing or likely charges for your printer's problem:
RAY BUSINESS MACHINES
224 WEST 35 ST ROOM 1204
NEW YORK, NY 10001
Distance: 0 miles
Phone:(###) ###-####
SOTIS B.M. LTD.
40 EXCHANGE PL SUITE 402
NEW YORK, NY 10001
Distance: 0 miles
Phone:(###) ###-####
TRISTATE CAMERA INC *****
NEW YORK, NY 10016
Distance: 1 miles
Phone:(###) ###-####
AFAX BUSINESS MACHINES (FAX) *****
NEW YORK, NY 10013
Distance: 2 miles
Phone:(###) ###-####
IDEAL BUSINESS MACHINE INC *****
NEW YORK, NY 10013
Distance: 2 miles
Phone:(###) ###-####
BOLEX BUSINESS
40 EXCHANGE PL
NEW YORK, NY 10005
Distance: 3 miles
Phone:(###) ###-####
NEW COMPUTECH INC
39 BROADWAY SUITE 1630
NEW YORK, NY 10006
Distance: 3 miles
Phone:(###) ###-####
Good luck, and let me know if you need any further assistance and advice.