Jason Jones, Technician
Experience:  10+ years work experience.
30759776

My Canon MP610 does not appear to be receiving the instructions

My Canon MP610 does not appear to be receiving the instructions for document printing from my Mac Air which is linked to the printer via another Mac. This system has worked cry well now for 5 years; and suddenly, as of Friday printing instructions not going through!! Help!!

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

I see that you have been working on this problem for quite a bit of time.

Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? I will send a remote link within minutes after your response, so please keep refreshing the page. No extra charge.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes thanks, XXXXX XXXXX takes to get resolution

Thank you.

If you are using a PC, Internet Explorer works the best. If you are using a Mac, only Safari will work with this remote.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=4725e2cc-02d2-4043-a207-170703549188

Are you having any problems with running that remote application after it is downloaded?

Which Internet browser are you currently using (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or something of the like)?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Jason, I just replied with copy of Safari's response to attempt to open the utility. Refuses to open it as is a foreign developer!!

Please, do the following:
- Click the Apple icon on the top left
- Click System Preferences
- Click Security
- Choose the option on the bottom that says it can install from anywhere and save that.

Once that is complete, please, try again.

Once I remote in, we can change that back.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am having to download Java Runtime Environment and this is taking a bit of time.......will advise when I get there

Thank you for the update, sir.

All is now working.

If you ever wish to work with me in the future, you can ask your new questions and have them sent to me directly at the following page: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-computertechmaster/

Thank you for your time and please, do not forget to rate my help below.

- Jason