Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I was loading ink into my Pixma MX 892 and did something wrong.

I was loading ink into my Pixma MX 892 and did something wrong. Now, when I turn it on, it says "Printer error has occurred". I turn it off and on and it still gives the error message and says consult manual.
???
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 months ago.

Shefin :
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
Shefin :
Please let me know when you are ready.
Customer:

Ready

Shefin :

Are you getting any error codes like B200?

Customer:

No, no error code. The carriage seems stuck in a wrong position (i.e., an empty ink receptical can't be filled) and I don't want to force it.

Shefin :

The error shows that carriage is stuck and does not move.

Shefin :

Could you please check if anything blocks the carriage to move?

Customer:

Right. when I turn it on again, there's a grinding noise and the error message appears.

Shefin :

Customer:

Nothing that I can see.

Shefin :

Could you please unplug the printer, try moving the carriage five times to and forth?

Shefin :

Try to movr it manually.

Customer:

Ok, it moves back and forth.

Shefin :

Try it five times, and the restart the printer.

Customer:

same problem, grinding noise and same message.

Shefin :

I apologize that the printer needs repair.

Shefin :

It is a hardware issue.

Shefin :
Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.
Shefin :

Is the printer too old?

Customer:

No, fairly new.

Shefin :

Is it in warranty?

Shefin :

I mean, not older than a year?

Customer:

Don't know, I think my son bought it and I don't know where.

Shefin :

I mean, is the printer older than a year?

Customer:

Maybe a year old.

Shefin :

If it is more than a year, you will not get warranty repair.

Shefin :

I would suggest you contact a nearby printer repair shop to get it repaired.

Customer:

Then is it worth it - maybe buy a new one?

Shefin :

Sometimes, the repair cost may higher than a new printer.

Shefin :

So, it is better to buy a new printer.

Shefin :

However, since the printer is new, I would suggest you check with a local technician about the repair cost.

Customer:

How do I find a "nearby printer repair shop"?

Shefin :

Then, if the repir cost is too high, get a new printer.

Shefin :

A nearby computer repair shop or printer repair shop.

Shefin :

If you let me know the zip code, I can suggest some that I can find online.

Customer:

ok, I guess the yellow pages?

Shefin :

Yes.

Shefin :
I understand that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear.
Shefin :

But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Shefin :

Please do not rate me Poor or bad.

Customer:

Ok, thanks. So long.

Shefin :

You are most welcome!

Customer:

I won't. Not your fault.

Experience: Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.