Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

How do I print B5 size paper on the Canon Pixma MX340 printer.

How do I print B5 size paper on the Canon Pixma MX340 printer. How do a do a manual feed?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 months ago.

Shefin :
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
Shefin :
Please let me know when you are ready.
Customer:

Ready

Shefin :

Open the Paper Support, and open the support as an extension.

Shefin :

Open the Paper Output Tray gently.

Customer:

is the paper support in the back of the machine?

Shefin :

Yes.

Shefin :

Slide the Paper Guides (A) to open them, and load the paper in the center of the Rear Tray WITH THE PRINT SIDE FACING YOU.

Shefin :

Slide the Paper Guides (A) to align them with both sides of the paper stack.

Shefin :

Do not slide the Paper Guides too hard. The paper may not be fed properly.

Shefin :

Always load paper in the portrait orientation (B). Loading paper in the landscape orientation (C) can cause paper jams.

Customer:

but the paper guides don't seem to move at all

Shefin :

Could you please try moving it to and forth?

Customer:

ah wait. the paper guides are little gray tabs

Shefin :

Okay.

Customer:

ok. let me do a test

Shefin :

Okay. Make sure that you have selected the correct paper size from the print settings.

Customer:

I'm getting an error message on the printer: the printer is performing another operation.

Customer:

yikes, what did I mess up?

Shefin :

Please turn off the printer, wait for two minutes and try printing again.

Customer:

k

Customer:

now the printer on off button is flashing and the display says "ending, please wait awhile."

Shefin :

ending?

Customer:

yep

Shefin :

Okay.

Shefin :

Please wait for two minutes and check again.

Customer:

should I just unplug it from the wall??

Shefin :

Just wait for two minutes, and then we weill check.

Customer:

ok

Shefin :

Is the printer still at the same error?

Customer:

sure

Customer:

still blinking

Shefin :

Please turn off the printer, unplug all its cables and wait for two minutes.

Customer:

ok

Shefin :

Now, connect the cables and restart the printer.

Customer:

ok.

Customer:

so on the document I have the page setup set to B6. When I hit print, what do i have to change in the

Customer:

print menu?

Shefin :

B5. Right?

Shefin :

You have selected the paper size as B5. Right?

Customer:

Full Size Image

Customer:

yes. here's what the menu says

Shefin :

Try printing.

Shefin :

It shows that the ink is low. RIght?

Customer:

yes. but it worked

Shefin :

Are you able to print?

Customer:

so we have lift off

Customer:

yes I printed successfully on that paper size

Shefin :

Great!

Shefin :
I am glad to hear that!
Shefin :

I request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face once you have all the information you need.

Customer:

thanks.

Customer:

ok. I guess that's it.

Customer:

it was just a matter of finding the "paper guides"

Customer:

anyway, as I happens now I must go

Shefin :

Thank you for your time.

Shefin :

Experience: Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.