Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience

I started to print something when a paper jam occured and the

I started to print something when a paper jam occured and the printer (HP officejet 4620) stopped printing. I oppened the printer and removed the jam and the printer turned off. I could not get it to turn back on. What has happened and what is the fix?
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Disconnect the power cable and hold down the power button for 30 seconds.
Plug the power cable back in and try to turn it on, what happens?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did what you suggested, nothing happened. I then discovered that the power card was disconnected. I didn't know it had pulled out when i move the printer to clear the jam. I plugged it in and it booted up. This was an expensive lesson! Thanks anyhow.

You're welcome and please don't forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The answer was in the right direction but maybe you should have first suggested making sure the power card was plugged in then add the next step of unplugging it and holding down the start button for 30 seconds. Your suggestion got me going in the right direction however. Thanks again.

Will do, and you're welcome please don't forget to leave a positive rating I greatly appreciate it.