Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

Windows made some updates last night that somehow resulted

Windows made some updates last night that somehow resulted in my printer not showing up on my computer. It's on my network, it prints it's successfully connected, my wife can print from her computer, etc. I decided to reinstall the printer but it's telling me "invalid answer" when I print in my printer e-m address which I wrote down when I installed it (several years ago) asXXX@XXXXXX.XXX. Can you give me the correct address or tell me what I'm doing wrong? This is maddening. Thanks, Dave
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

Can you tell me please which version of window you are running?

thank you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Sorry, how do I find that?

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Click Start, right click computers and select properties.

You will see it there.

It is either Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I don't see my reply but it's version 7 HP version 6.1 Copyright 2009

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Thank you

I want you to do a System Restore please, to remove any corruption within Windows.

Close all programs.

Click start, type in

system restore

Press enter, and follow the steps on the screen to perform a restore from the last restore point.

Once it has completed, please tell me if you are then able to print.

Thank you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

OK, will do. Will this screen show up again post-restore so I can tell you yea or nay?

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
It wont, you need to come back to this website again Dave, and then tell me the results please.

Just return to this web page (Press CTRL+D) to add it to your favorites.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Done. Thanks. Here goes.

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Awaiting the results!!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I click on system restore and windows photo viewer pops up and nothing happens. I don't see the shield icon next to anthing in the system restore box that pops up after I type system restore into the start box. Do I. Have to install windows movies to restore my computer???

I found it. I'll let you know.

It worked!! You are a true genius. I'll add system restore to my arsenal of fixes. Thanks! Dave

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.
Good to hear Dave!

Yes, that is a strong weapon to have and will generally resolve most problems.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Richard, Technician
Experience: Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years