Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable

where to get a service manual for epson 837

Thank You!! for posting your Question.My name is XXXXX XXXXX today I will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

No service manual is available for this printer, but we can try to solve the problem, without the service manual, can tell me, if the cartridges are moving freely back and forth or not ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

cartridges are static in this printer

This is a inkjet printer and cartridges cannot be static on this type pf printers, because if they do not move from one side to another, while printing, the printer will not print on the paper. Please turn off the printer then, try to slide the cartridges with your hand to the center and let me know, if you are able to do so or not?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You obviously have not seen an 837. I don't think you can help.

See, there is no need to see all the printers in the world, but the basic functions of all the inkjet printers are same in all brands and there is no inkjet printer in the world, in which the cartridges are static, because if they do not move back and forth, the printer will never print. Anyway, as you think I cannot help, I am opting out from the question and forwarding this to any other expert.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
want the manual to takeprinter apart and fix. Was asked if I could move cartriidges - they are static on this printer
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I myself also cannot locate any source for a service manual for this model series or this particular printer.

When 'a printer error has occurred' and you get a message directing you to turn the printer off and see the manual, in my experience, it is the user's manual that is referenced by that sort of message.

Do you have the user's manual? if not, it is available here for free, at: (viewable as HTML)
or (PDF format, to save to your hard disk for repeated reference/viewing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have this manual, it lists corrective actions for common operational problems, then says to go to Epson site. It says \ to send it to an Epson repair center if recommended fixes fail.

If your Epson Artisan printer is less than one year old, measured from its date of purchase as a new machine, then it is still within warranty, and its current failure needs to be reported to Epson, in order that (if it proves - to their perception, I mean - to be defective) it may be repaired (or replaced, depending upon warranty terms etc.) for free.

If older than one year, here's how to locate a service center for Epson printers in your area:

(the link on Epson's site leads to a nearly-blank, or at least nearly useless, page, so you'll have to call:)

Mon.- Fri. 6AM-8PM (PT)
Sat. 7AM-4PM (PT)

I think you have already tried the recommended fixes. Calling Epson, esp. if the printer is less than a year old, is the next step to take.
(If older than a year, the decision as to whether to have the printer serviced - with the charges for the fix being yours to bear - is up to you. But be sure to get an estimate on the cost of the fix to you, before committing to servicing. It might cost more than you would be willing to choose to pay.)

- If there is anything lacking in this answer, please " Reply " letting me know, and I will try to improve upon my answer.
- If this is the Answer that helps with the issue, then rating my Answer positively would be appreciated.
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience: 11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am aware of this route, guess I'll just bite the bullet and rip into it. I may end up wrecking it, but I'd have to get a new printer anyway.

If you are going to replace the printer, then think about recycling it (and that 'it' could mean the printer you replace it with, also.) Epson printer recycling offers no good deals that I know of, but HP printer recycling offers many options, of a worth appropriate to that company's general reputation.

If you need any advice about recycling your Epson printer, just let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is an option if I can't fix it. thanks