Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

Printer not printing the 4x6 photos, they come out smaller,

Printer not printing the 4x6 photos, they come out smaller, about half the size?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

I see that you have been working on this problem for quite a bit of time.

Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? I will send a remote link within minutes after your response, so please keep refreshing the page. No extra charge.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Yes! I still need help with this problem, the photos are printing smaller than 4x6 on the HP photo smart B210 printer. Help!!

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Thank you.

If you are using a PC, Internet Explorer works the best. If you are using a Mac, only Safari will work with this remote.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=384bb9b6-08a0-4d3c-95e9-365ad1d1d8c0

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Are you having any problems with running that remote application after it is downloaded?

Which Internet browser are you currently using (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or something of the like)?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I am using Internet Explorer

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

Thank you.

What happens when you run the application after downloading it?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

What application? all I need to know is what I am doing wrong why my photos are printing out smaller than 4x6 am I using the wrong settings?

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.

- Please, click the following link, download that file, and run the file: https://secure.join.me/Download.aspx?webdownload=true
- Then download and allow that remote app to run.
- Once it is finished, please, tell me the 9 digit number that appears on the top of your screen.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

413-706-919

Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Jason replied 9 months ago.
I cannot get the Join.me app to work.

I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

I wish you luck,
- Jason
Expert:  Robert M. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question.

when you go to print

click file / print

select the printer and

there should be a box to check that says "fit to page"

if it is not right in front of you hit the options or preferences button and you should find it

if that doesn't work please tell me what operating system you are using and what program you are printing from.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Hi Robert,

Sorry about just getting back to you if you're still there. I followed your instructions and the photos are still printing small. I am using windows 7

and internet Explorer.

you did find the fit to page check box ?

what program are you printing from and is it only one photo that wont do it or every photo ?

can you please try one that you previously were able to print correctly and let me know ? I suspect it is the photo itself that was saved in a smaller format and has to be expanded to fit the page.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Hi Robert,

Thanks for getting back to me. No I did not see the fit to page check box, you're probably right these were photos emailed to me from an i phone could that be the reason why they are printing small? and is it possible to make them larger?

thank you June.

yes the phone probably took smaller pics as they would look fine on the phone screen and take less memory that way.

You can expand them in most graphics programs but again the easiest way to do it is by using the fit to page option

If I knew what software you are using it would be easier to tell you exactly how to do it.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Hi Robert,

Again thanks for your reply, I am not very computer savvy so I can't tell you what software I am using, whatever came with the computer which is an Hp Compaq I think, using windows 7.If this information is useful, please let me know.

June.

the easiest way might be to use this free website

http://www.freephotoresizing.com/

just browse to the photo and select the width you want in inches ( there is a drop down box that says pixels click on it and you can select inches )

I don't remember if it just lets you download it back down or emails it to you but its pretty fast and easy if you only have a few photo's to do

Robert M., Consultant
Experience: 30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.