Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable

why will the yellow light not go out on the front of my hp

why will the yellow light not go out on the front of my hp laser jet 1200 series printer?
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please inform me as to which yellow light (by legend next to it, or by its position relative to other lights or buttons) is persistently On, on the control panel of your HP LaserJet 1200 series printer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

large green light on fact of printer has two smaller lights next to it, a green one and a yellow one. actually all 3 lights are on. but it will not print.

When all 3 lights are on, on your HP 1200 series LaserJet printer:

it means a fatal error in your printer's workings or control circuitry has occurred, I'm sorry to have to report.

Try this hard reset:

Turn the printer OFF, when it is on, by suddenly and sharply unplugging it from the power source.
Also unplug it from the computer, or network if it is connected to one.
Leave it that way for 10 minutes. (Restart the computer in the meantime.*)
Plug it back in, but only to the power, and to nothing else for now.
Turn it on if it didn't turn itself on. Wait for it to initialize.

Are the three lights still On?

*- you can return to this case at
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

unfortunately, all three lights still on. does this now mean the unit is done, can't be fixed?

No. But your HP printer has a serious problem, and will need to be either serviced, or replaced. Which course to choose depends upon your judgment as to priorities.

If your HP printer is still within warranty, such repairs would be done by HP for free under warranty conditions. To check your printer's warranty status, use this form:

If you wish to engage a printer repair company in your region, I could perhaps find and list several, if you inform me of your locale's zip code, or your local town/city and state, please.

Please rate my Answer - favorably, I hope - so that I may be paid for the work I have done on your question. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

repair service would be great - zip is 95409

OK, I will research repair services for that locale and get back to you with a list shortly.
These are some listed businesses in Santa Rosa CA that might be able to help you - call them first, of course, to verify their address, and whether they can help you with your problem with your model (HP LaserJet 1200) of printer:

Simple Office Solutions
1831 Guerneville Rd
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
(707)(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>
A J Printing & Graphics (Doesn't sound like printer repair, but it might be...)
1350 Central Ave Ste 1
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
(707)(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>
Same Day Computer and Copier
14 E. Washington St.
Petaluma, CA 94952
(707)(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>
Bodega Bay Computer Repair
somewhere in
Bodega Bay, CA
(707)(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>

HP used to list printer servicing companies they could refer you to in a region - I no longer find that facility online. The rough equivalent HP now has 'up' gave me these two businesses, as follows:

CONCORD California 94520

R Computer

PLEASANT HILL California 94523

+1-925-798-4884 x13

I hope one of them can help you. Good luck.

Please rate my Answer - hopefully, favorably - so that I may be paid for the work I have done on your question. Thanks.