Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.

My canon i560s just recently quit working after installing

My canon i560s just recently quit working after installing new cartridges. Get an error that says turn off and back on and hit resume. When I do that it just goes back to blinkng orange light and same error message.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 8 months ago.

Shefin :

Hello! Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today
Shefin :
Please let me know when you are ready.
Customer:

ready

Shefin :

Do you get any error codes?

Customer:

no numeric codes

Shefin :

How many times the orange light blinks?

Customer:

it does not stop blinking

Shefin :
Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Customer:

done

Shefin :
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.
Customer:

done

Shefin :
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
Shefin :
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Shefin :
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.
Customer:

done

Shefin :

Restart the printer and check.

Customer:

Did not work but i had not put cartidges back in before unplugging first time. I now have installed cartridges and have unplugged. waiting for 5 minutes to be up

Shefin :

Okay.

Shefin :

Please check if the POWER lamp flashes alternate green and orange.

Customer:

Yes. orange 5 times and then green once

Shefin :

The issue is with the printhead. The error means "No print head installed/Defective print head".

Shefin :

After removing the cartridges, are you able to remove the printhead?

Customer:

not sure how to do that

Shefin :

Remove the cartrdiges, raise the print head lock lever and remove the print head.

Customer:

i got it.

Shefin :

Then, clean the printhead and place where the printhead seats.

Customer:

done

Shefin :

After cleaning it properly, reinstall the printhead, and then the cartrdiges.

Customer:

still get same error. maybe i did not clean properly. I do not have a cotton swab here

Shefin :

If so, you have to replace the printhead with a new one in order to get the issue resolved.

Shefin :

I would suggest you get a new printhead in order to get the issue resolved.

Shefin :

Is the printer too old?

Shefin :

Are you there?

Customer:

yes i was just looking at print head again The printer is quite old but i just bought new cartridges and reallyn like the simplicity and size of this printer > do you know how much a printhead would be approx?

Shefin :

I would suggest you purchase a new printer instead of replacing the print head.

Shefin :

Replacing the printhead may cost higher and it is not good for an old printer.

Customer:

okay. Thanks

Shefin :

So, it is always better to buy a new printer.

Shefin :
I understand that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.
Shefin :
I request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face once you have all the information you need.
Customer:

I understand

Experience: Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.