Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.

How Do I Change A Single Ink Cartridge On My 5520 Printer.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question.

This page has instructions and a video on how to do it.

please pay attention to the parts about making sure it is a genuine hp cartridge as other cartridges may not have the correct microchip in the cartridge to let the printer know it has been replaced.

Also there are 2 pieces of packing material that have to be removed before you insert it. spf_p.prp_kbDocDisplay=wsrp-navigationalState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c03244883-10%257CdocLocale%253D%257CcalledBy%253D&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

Is the printer giving you any error messages or is it printing but not putting any black ink out ?

It may need to be primed to print

You can usually find that option or the clean option which will do pretty much the same thing if you go to the devices and printers folder

right click on the printer and select PRINTER PROPERTIES

then it will be under the maintenance tab