Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience

We are printing to our Brother MFC 7840W and we are only getting

We are printing to our Brother MFC 7840W and we are only getting blank pages despite a new toner cartridge and new drum. I did reset the drum after replacing it. Can you help?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 8 months ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
How old is the printer?
If you make a photo copy does the same thing happen?
.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

The printer is approximately 2 years old and I just made a photocopy and it worked fine.

.
Ok that means the issue is coming from the computer.
Please try printing from a different program and let me know if the same thing happens.
This will tell us if it is the program or the driver.
.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

when you say print from different program, I don't understand? Sorry.

.
No problem, for example if you were printing from something on the internet like email instead try printing from a program on the computer like word. Or if the problem occurred when printing from word try printing this page.
.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I printed this page and it works! We are on a server for a bone bank, do you think that's what it is?

.
What did you try to print originally when the problem occurred?
Was it something from the server?
.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Yes. A tissue order and then I tried to print a word document and still another blank page.

.
OK did the order open in word?
It sounds like the problem is occurring only in microsoft word.
.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

No. We use a database to print our tissue orders. We are on Microsoft access?

.
Ok so then it is being caused by Microsoft Ofiice software both word and access are part of office.
What version of windows or mac is on your computer?
What version of microsoft office are you using?

These are the steps we will need to follow: Click Here
If you need me to I can walk you through them once I know what version of windows/office you are using.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of IT and customer support experience