Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Engineer
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

Picasa says "encountering error printing" to printer. Where

Picasa says "encountering error printing" to printer. Where do I look for problem?

XXXXX XXXXX :

Hi

XXXXX XXXXX :

If the printer is printing fine with other applications then the problem is most likely with Picasa

XXXXX XXXXX :

Try this: from the drop down menu in Picasa, click on Tools/Options/Printing and change the Printer Quality Setting to Compatible Mode rather than High Quality Mode

Customer:

Thank you.

Customer:

It is currently set at Compatible (half res)

XXXXX XXXXX :

Also, make sure the Printer button on the Picasa screen is set to the right printer.

Customer:

And Resampler quality - General (Lanczos-3)

XXXXX XXXXX :

Customer:

Richard, You're the Man! It was trying to print from Artisan when I have XP-800

XXXXX XXXXX :

Great and thanks!

Customer:

Now printing from Picasa and the colors look correct, although it does take some time to come out.

Customer:

I'm going to try one more

XXXXX XXXXX :

ok

Customer:

Perfect! Thanks Richard. I was on the phone with an Epson tech rep for about an hour after which she said they'll send me a refurbished printer to replace the "defective" one. She never once said be sure the photo editor printer button exactly matched the printer model. Thanks for your common sense and swift reaction.

XXXXX XXXXX :

You're welcome, glad its fixed, all the best.