Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

my brother lc75 printer had a paper jam, it starting printing

my brother lc75 printer had a paper jam, it starting printing colors like red pink. Then i had another jam and not it will not put ink on the paper at all. any suggestions?
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
The model you gave is for the ink cartridges, what is the model of the printer?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry, that was dumb... MFC - J825DW

.
No problem, have you already tried cleaning the machine?
Please make a photo copy does that come out blank as well?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

NO, I just tried it and that works fine.... That is weird...

.
Ok if photo copies are working it means the problem is somewhere on the computer.
To be sure make a color and a b&w photo copy just in case it is one or the other not working mechanically.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had something blue and red, that printed OK, a little blury in the middle of the page, trying another one now.

.
Ok let me know what you find.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This docuemtn had a lot of colors looked fine, no issues,,,,

.
Ok what version of widnows or mac is on the computer?
Can you try printing from a different program on the computer? This will tell us if it is specific to the program or not.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I printed something from Adobe Reader, it printed, but it has lines acroos the document where the color is not the same, so imagine an old polaroid picutre that didn't develp properly and you have lines across the picture that are grey when they should be yellow... It is only only the picture on the page, the black and gold text on the page is fine.

Testing your age here tooo... :)

.
I am 26 Wink and have worked on printers, electronics, and computers since I was 12 in school but loved to shake those pictures when I was younger.
My parents hated me taking things apart like our VCR, Cameras and TV when they were not around.

That sounds like it could again be an issue with the machine needing to be cleaned lets test that to be sure.
Please follow the steps on this page and let me know what you find: Click Here
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hahahahahaha that is funny, you sound like my 17 yo, he can fix anything, but would not let him look at this one... will get back to you after I follow the link.

.
Smile If you encourage it copier technicians for things like Xerox right now can charge about $125/hr and the technicians make about half that as a wage since they are difficult to work on. I work independently and on call for a few different companies so get paid by the job. Let me know how it goes.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I amd going to celan a few more times afetr printing. I will I appreciate your help and send me your contact info via email...

.
Unfortunately on this site we are not allowed to do that, we can only communicate with customers directly through this site itself. Please let me know the results when you can. If the problem goes away please don't forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.