Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

HI: I HAVE A HP OFFICEJET 6310 ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER. I PRESS

HI: I HAVE A HP OFFICEJET 6310 ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER. I PRESS PRINTING PREFERNCSES AND SURVICE DEVICSE AND I GET A UNABLE TO PERFORM THE OPERATION MESSEGE.THIS HAPPENS IN THE CONTROL PANEL ON MY CONPUTER. WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX THIS? THANKS. MY EMAIL ADRESS [email protected]
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you still able to print? Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8?

Can you please click on the website below, and allow the ScreenConnect remote program to run, then we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly:

http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=7800bf75-b069-4f0f-b3ec-876eb67c4d9d

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i am able to print but the ink carrege gets jamed every time i print. i have windows vista.

I'm sorry, let me open this issue to other experts. Thank you

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question.

Either there is something jamming the print head. It could be a piece of paper or some other object in its way somewhere on the carriage track. or it could be an ink cartridge not fully set securely in its place.

Or there is a physical problem with the drive train like a gear with a missing tooth so it can only move the carriage so far and then it slips and you get the error. In that case you would need to get the printer repaired.

Robert M., Consultant
Experience: 30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.