Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

Have a printer failed message.

Have a printer failed message.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 9 months ago.

Shefin :
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
Shefin :
Please let me know when you are ready.
Customer:

ready

Shefin :

May I know the exact message you are getting?

Customer:

printer failure

Shefin :

Do you get any number like 0x9XXXXXXX?

Customer:

no, it just tells me to turn off, unplug for 15 seconds and then plug in and turn on.

Shefin :

Aything like Ink System failure?

Customer:

no

Shefin :

Are you able to copy anything like Xerox without using the computer?

Customer:

no,

Shefin :

And you are getting the message on your printer and not computer. RIght?

Customer:

yes, my printer dialog box just list pages waiting to print. I cleared that out and tried turning off and still no luck.

Shefin :

Please wait a couple of minutes.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

I lost my pc to a virus and this is a new pc. Could the printer have contracted the virus also?

Shefin :

The issue seems to be wit the hardware and might need a service.

Shefin :

Is the printer in warranty?

Customer:

nope

Shefin :

No, nothing related to virus.

Shefin :

Is the printer in warranty?

Customer:

nope

Shefin :

Please check if you are able to follow the below instructions.

Shefin :

• Press * and # XXXXX the same time

• Press 1, 2, 3 and "support R0632M" should display

• Press > and "information menu" should display

• Press > and "configuration menu" should display

• Press OK and "hardware failure status" should display

• Press OK "failure status: clear". Press OK to clear

• Press CANCEL

• Press CANCEL

• Press CANCEL

• Turn printer off, unplug power cord for 2 minutes, plug cord back in then turn printer back on.

• If the error came back, do the sequence again and the error will be replaced with the usual print cartridge initialization screens. Print a test page to make sure.

Customer:

on printer

Shefin :

Yes.

Customer:

no just it just has the message in the window and I can not clear it out. But the message now says there is a problem with the printer or ink system. turn off then on if problem persist contact hp

Shefin :

Check the below instructions too.,

Shefin :

• Press and Hold the “Print Photos” &”Red Eye Removal” buttons. Release both buttons. Display should say”Enter Special Key Combo”

• Press and release in sequence”Red Eye Removal”,”Print Photos”,”Red Eye Removal”. Display should say “Support” and display the FW rev: COxxFN0723BR (or something like that)

• Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu"
    Press and release the “OK” button.

• Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.
    Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.

• Press and release the “CANCEL”(Annuler) button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.

• Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.

• Wait 60 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer

• Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK.

• the printer will get ready as if it were starting perfectly for a first time, it will say something like: printer preparation occurring - do not interrupt

• print a test page:

Customer:

i dont have any of those buttons

Shefin :

It seems that the error with the printhead or the small pump inside.

Shefin :

I would suggest you contact a nearby technician and get it rpaired.

Customer:

it makes a lot on noise when turning off

Shefin :

We can try removing the cartridges, check for paper jams, cleaning the cartrdiges and the place where the cartrdiges seats.

Shefin :

However, I do not think that will resolve the issue.

Shefin :

However, can you try that?

Customer:

ok

Shefin :
Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Customer:

done

Shefin :
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.
Shefin :
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
Customer:

ok

Customer:

done

Shefin :

After doing that, unplug all cables from the printer and wait for 5 minutes.

Customer:

it is unplugged

Shefin :

Please wait for five minutes.

Shefin :

Then, plug in the cables, restart the printer and insert the cartrdiges. Check if there any papers jammed inside.

Customer:

checked for paper jam none either in the back or on the tray. ink installed and still the same message.

Shefin :

If so, it needs repair.

Shefin :

Is the printer too old?

Customer:

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX buy a new one. thank you

Shefin :

If it is too old, it is better to buy a new one instead of getting it repaired.

Shefin :

It may cost high.

Customer:

bought last november, started using it may of this year

Shefin :
Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.
Shefin :
I understand that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.
Shefin :

If so, I would suggest you get it repaired.

Customer:

ok,

Shefin :

Atleast check with a local technician and if the cost is too high, purchase a new one.

Experience: Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.