Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I just bought a canon pixma mx922 printer. I am trying to preform

I just bought a canon pixma mx922 printer. I am trying to preform the print head aligment.
The paper that came with the mp-101 is too big to get in the lower cassette. What should I do. Help please my email address is [email protected]

Shefin :
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
Shefin :
Please let me know when you are ready.
Customer:

I am ready

Shefin :

Do you have A4 papers with you?

Customer:

I don't know what A4 papers are I have the papers that came in the box with the printer and they are longer and narrower than an 81/2 by 11

Shefin :

DO you have have plane papers other than the one that came with the printer?

Customer:

I have standard copy paper standard copy paper is too big to get in that lower cassette also

Shefin :

Please wait a minute.

Customer:

oh the support code that shows i 1008 if that helps at all

Shefin :

You are trying to align the printhead. Right?

Customer:

yes

Shefin :

Load a sheet of supplied paper or A4 or Letter-sized Matte Photo Paper MP-101/Plain Paper in the cassette (lower).

Shefin :

Load the paper WITH THE PRINT SIDE (WHITER SIDE) FACING DOWN in the cassette (lower).

Shefin :

Please try to move the paper adjustment device.

Shefin :

The machine feeds paper from the lower cassette automatically if you select a page size such as A4, B5, A5, or Letter in the print settings at the operation panel or the printer driver.

Shefin :

1. Pull out the lower cassette from the machine.

Customer:

I have moved the paper adjustment device and it won't accomodate the paper The paper is too large It sticks up on the left side

Shefin :

Slide the paper guide (A) in front and (B) on the right to open the guides.

Shefin :

Load the paper stack WITH THE PRINT SIDE FACING DOWN (3), and place it in the center of the lower cassette.

Shefin :

Align the paper stack with the edge of the lower cassette as shown in the figure below.

Shefin :

If the paper stack is in contact with the protrusion (C), the paper may not be fed properly.

Shefin :

If paper has print side (front or back), such as photo paper, load it with the whiter side (or glossy side) facing down.

Shefin :

Align the paper guide (A) in front with the paper stack.

Shefin :

For standard sizes, align the paper guide (A) with where it clicks into place.

Shefin :

Slide the paper guide (B) on the right to align the right and left guides with both sides of the paper stack.

Shefin :

To load paper larger than A4 size in the lower cassette, press down the lock (F) on the cassette and then extend it.

Customer:

It just won't get any larger and all I can think to do is cut the paper down

Shefin :

Have you tried the last picture I have given?

Customer:

but I am afraid to do it

Customer:

yes

Shefin :

To load paper larger than A4 size in the lower cassette, press down the lock (F) on the cassette and then extend it

Shefin :

Have you pressed down that?

Customer:

I am getting my husband to see if he can do what you say to do can you wait a minute

Shefin :

Sure.

Shefin :

Are you able to do that?

Customer:

the cassette that came with the printer does not match the image you are showing This is a different cassette

Shefin :

Please wait.

Shefin :

Please check the link below.

Customer:

the cassette we have is not the same as the cassette shown in the included instructions or what you are showing on the monitor.

Shefin :

It is MX922. Right?

Customer:

yes that is the correct designation

Shefin :

Is this your printer?

Customer:

yes, the cassette appears to me to be just for photos, as all the markings are related to photo sizes.

Shefin :

There are two cassettes.

Shefin :

Have you tried both upper and lower cassettes?

Customer:

thank you we just dicovered the paper cassette. hopefully the problem is solved. this should give you a good laugh.

Shefin :

I am glad to hear that!

Shefin :
I request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face once you have all the information you need.
Shefin :

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Customer:

yes of course and thank you for being so patient with us

Shefin :

You are most welkcome!