Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable

MG5220 Ser. No. ABWV 36722 stopped printing and wont restart.

MG5220 Ser. No. ABWV 36722 stopped printing and won't restart. Reads U052 Print Head Incorrect. What is the solution?
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Your printhead - or your printer - may be damaged. One or the other may need replacement (in the case of the printhead being damaged) or servicing (if the printer is damaged), or possibly both.

If your printer is less than one year from its purchase date, you are advised to contact Canon Canada, and put in a failure-within-warranty claim on it, for a free-of-charge replacement or repair-servicing for the fault.

( Of course, you should first try this:

Turn off the printer by unplugging the printer, suddenly and sharply.
Leave it that way for over an hour.
Plug in the printer again, power it On.
See if the U052 or other error message goes away, that way. )

( After that, if the error condition persists, you can have it repaired, or replace it, or contact Canon Canada if it is within warranty. Canon Canada is at
or )

- If there is anything lacking in this answer, please " Reply " letting me know, and I will try to improve upon my answer.
- If this is the Answer that helps with the issue, then rating my Answer positively would be appreciated.