Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I put in new ink cartridges and remove the tape from the cartridges,

I put in new ink cartridges and remove the tape from the cartridges, but it does't print any thing on the paper. The sounds it makes are the regular sounds, but the paper has no ink on it. What do you think is the problem?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Andy replied 11 months ago.
Hello!
I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today. Please Reply to me with doubts / questions till you are 100% satisfied.

What is the make and model of the printer ?

When did you buy this printer and how often do you use it ?

Why did you put in new cartridges ? ... Where are the old ones ?

Have you always used original HP cartridges ... and currently have you installed new HP brand cartridges ?

Have you replaced all cartridges or only some of them ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

HP Photosmart P43mium Rqs qll-IN-One Series -C309

I think I purchase the printer in 2009. I use it occasionally, last time was a month or so ago.

The computer prompted me to put in new cartridges, because of low ink levels

I always use HP cartridges

I replace all the cartridges

Also, before I replace the cartridges the old cartridges printed OK, even through the colors were not good because of low ink levels.

Expert:  Andy replied 11 months ago.

- Does your cartridge has a nozzle on it like this (sample pic) :

***
* *

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

yes, i pulled off the tape on all the cartridges

Expert:  Andy replied 11 months ago.

Please try to make a color photocopy (or any document / photo) on the printer and let me know result ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I tried anther new black cartridge and it works fine
Expert:  Andy replied 11 months ago.

That signifies that the previous cartridge was defective and hence the prints were coming out blank.

Let me know if you need further information via the REPLY TO EXPERT button

Please go ahead and RATE this answer with (Good / Excellent) SMILEY face so that I get credited for my answer from this website.

Thanks and take care!
Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Experience: 11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO