Andy, Elec & Comp pro
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

the printer wont switch on - we were trying to get the print

the printer won't switch on - we were trying to get the print cartridge out but were unable to and now the printer refuses to switch on at all.
Hello!
I am Andy and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today. Please Reply to me with doubts / questions till you are 100% satisfied.

- What is make and model of the printer. Do you use the printer wirelessly ?

- How and when did this problem begun. Was there a paper jam or did you replace the ink cartridge.

- When did you buy this printer and since when are you facing this issue. How often do you use printer.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The make of my printer is HP Photosmart 2600/2700 series all in one.

I do not use the printer wirelessly.

I printed 2 sheets of paper using the colour and it didn't print properly - then an error code came on saying colour was low. I read the instruction book and took the colour cartridge out to clean it (as instructed) put it back in and the printer turned off - and refuses to turn back on. Also I can no longer get the cartridge out as the tab in front of the cartridges seems to high and I cant get them out.

the printer is about 3 yrs old. I use it regularly.

Edna

Hi Edna,

Do you mean that you have installed the cartridges incorrectly ... and now they are jammed inside the printer ?

Are you sure that your old and new cartridges are identical ... or new ones are of different model

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1st of all I made an error the printer is 2610 - not 2600 all in one.

No we hadn't got as far as putting in the new cartridge as the old one refuses to come out due to the front tab seemingly to be too high.

BUT also why does the printer refuse to turn on? surely that's nothing to do with the cartridges?

If the cartridges fail (electrically), it can cause a short circuit in the print system (very rare) and this can cause the printer to behave as if its dead.

Now, have you ever successfully remove cartridges from this printer ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes around 3 times before

So, did the printer suddenly turned Off while you were trying to remove the cartridges ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes

Have you checked the power cable ... power adapter (smell them to see if its burnt) ... did you try another power outlet at your location ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Phew...... just checked and the printer has now turned on - must have been a loose wire. Also we have now managed to get the cartridge out. We are intending replacing the new cartridge tomorrow so hopefully we should be OK - fingers crossed!

Thank you so much for your confirmation.

Please go ahead and RATE this answer with (Good / Excellent) SMILEY face so that I get credited for my answer from this website.

Thanks and take care!