Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

Brad, I bought a Brother MFC-J430w all-in-one printer from

Brad, I bought a Brother MFC-J430w all-in-one printer from Office Max several months ago and haven't been able to use it because of a "kernel mode printer error". I contacted Brother's customer service and allowed him to connect to my computer and he couldn't fix the problem. He said it was a Microsoft problem and Microsoft wants me to pay a one time fee of $99 for them to "attempt" to correct the problem. I said no thanks to that. Can you fix the problem?
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer / computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was it working previously? Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8?

Are you still able to make a copy (not print) on the printer?

Can we do a remote session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have windows 8 and it has never worked because of the "kernel mode error". It will make a copy.

Thank you. Can you please click on the website below, and allow the ScreenConnect remote program to run, then we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly:

http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=16ece5c9-9235-469f-a0c2-44a3093992c8

; if prompted, click on More info.., then Run anyway. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've clicked on the link and it's not letting me chat.

I will chat with you in a second. Thanks
I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Please rate my service below. Thank you very much.

http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-itstuff/