Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

Good morning. I am getting partial printing from my C6280

Good morning. I am getting partial printing from my C6280 printer. I have changed the black ink cartridge and the lt pink cartridge.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 10 months ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Have you already tried cleaning the machine?
What brand printer is this?
.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

How do I do that?

.
What brand printer is this?
.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

HP C6280

.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of IT and customer support experience
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

The first 4 lines were pale but then by the next line,everything seemed to print fine. I will print another one.

Also, my screen shows chinese instructions. How do I change that?

.
The screen of the printer does?
Are you 100% positive it is chinese and not another language?
.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I have no idea what language it is. I had shut it off once with a paper jam, and ever since it came back with this language.

also the 2nd line on the left side of the page is still only partial print.

.
Please repeat teh same steps agaibn since it got slightly better.
As for the language I would need you to give me a word or two from it so I can figure out what language it is in.
.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

they are symbols

it looks like a 4 then and E with a line underneath

the o over a t

then a strait line

then a very large backwards E

.
Are there any others?
I need a full word and that unfortunately does not sound like anythign I can think of.
.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

shouldn't I be able to just go into set up and find English in the menu?

.
Yes but you first need to find setup which is going to be in whatever language the machine is currently in.
The steps are go to setup, then tools, and then use restore to factory defaults.
None of these will be listed in english unless the machine is set to english.
However please try the cleaning again, if we can not get that working it would mean you need a new part anyway.
.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I did clean it again and it is working fine now. Thank you.

.
You're welcome and if you are not able to get it back in english with those steps I gave you let me know the words you see. Otherwise please don't forget to leave a positive rating it si greatly appreciated.
.