Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of IT and customer support experience

My printer has lost a driver and will not print Black. How

My printer has lost a driver and will not print Black. How do I fix? At this time I cannot afford to replace this printer. It is a combo printer,scanner,copier,fax. I cannot add a device as I used to when I needed to. Have the shortcut but it says a driver is missing & will not load.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 8 months ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
You have described two different issues here, the machine not printing black and the computer missing a driver.
These two issues are unrelated and not printing black can mean you need a new part.
How did you test the black printing?
What model photosmart is this?
.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Have tried printing black on several projects and get a very faint gray print.I felt two issues came from same source as I STARTED HAVING PROBLEMS AFTER I RAN SCANNER. I have had the ability in the past to add a device for the C302a printer. (May be C320a)

.
Ok as I mentioned these are 2 different issues and the printer not printing black may mean you need a new part. Please make a black and white photo copy and let me know what comes out.
.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

I made a copy of a doc. and it printed black as the original was.

.
Ok it came out properly and not faded at all?
What version of windows or mac is on the computer?
.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

XP

.
Have you already tried to reinstall?
.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.

No

.
Click on the windows start button and in the search box type printers and press enter.
(if there is not search box click on control panel and then printers)

Right click on your machine and any copies of it and click on delete.
Then disconnect the cable connecting it to the computer.
(if using a cable if not skip any cable steps)

You will need to restart the computer, you can get back to me by going to justanswer.com and clicking on my questions at the top of the page.
Restart the computer and reinstall the machine.

Only connect the usb cable when the computers asks you to or when the installation is finished.
Do not test the machine yet instead restart the computer again and then test it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of IT and customer support experience